Monday, January 26, 2009

Confused Apple #1




















So I don't know, this could possibly be the most confusing painting i've ever attempted.
I was horribly dissatisfied with it at first. And I just don't see how the light shades actually look like they work on here, but when i was looking at it at first they looked like just blotches.
I guess it' s a perspective thing.
Well I kinda rushed on it, i started late, and i know that's stupid, but yeah.
I couldn't figure out how to get the shades and lighter hues down.
It was incredibly frustrating.
The light blotches in the middle and stuff, the barely noticeable ones, i didn't even mean to make.
The paint was just a bit more transluscent in those areas than others, and it came out nice.
So this apple has me pinned down.
And actually tomorrow, I will give it another try.
yes, thats right, a series of apples, with different lighting.
DUN DUN DUN
Tomorrow.
Tell me what you all think, I really want critique, i'm not getting as much.
Please?
Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. I just think all you need to work on is the shadowing. You need to learn how light works. Consider literally taking an apple and shining a light on it. To study. Or any object for that matter. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like it, but i think it would be a little more interesting if you added more colors into the apple, like instead of making a plain red one, make a yellow/red one. and some background color would be nice too.
    but anywho, it looks really good and i don't think i could do this myself.

    ReplyDelete