Friday, January 30, 2009

Shrouded In Darkness






















So, I was completely without power for about two or three days. Which is why I haven't posted anything. I took advantage of the lighting situation and focused on light. I did a sketch instead on one day for two reasons. First I find it super hard to paint in a moderately dark setting, and it was much quicker to do a sketching which I needed because the light would diminish so quickly and painting it would have taken way longer. It also got me more focused on the lighting and shadowing than I would with painting, and it helped me understand light a bit better which I hope will show in my future paintings.
I also did a painting on the first day before light went out, it was no good whatsoever.
At all.
At least I think so.
The apple in this painting was in complete darkness and was right beside a small candle.
I was rushing, like really bad, throughout the whole thing which is why i didn't finish the background, and partially why its no good.
Regardless I know I had to work on the lighting.
I also did a quick small crappy sketching of a pencil.
It's no good, but just so you know I did this too.
Critique it all as you'd like, regardless of my conditions and stuff I still want 100% honest critique.
So I will continue to do this.
Thanks for reading and checking this out.
:]

1 comment:

  1. the painting looks good, and pretty realistic.
    im always proud of your work.
    although the shadows look a little random, and it kindof looks like the candle and apple are floating in a white abyss.
    and also, your brush strokes look pretty messy where you've done the shadows. but maybe that's just because i rushed you apparently.
    i like the sketches alot, there's really nothing else i can say about them.
    keep up what you've been doing, and you'll definitely go far with this.

    ReplyDelete