Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Portrait: Claustrophobia






















So I haven't posted anything in a little while.
My bad. I've been doing alot of things to submit a portfolio and stuff for UofL School of Art.
aka Hite Art Institution.
But I just got done with this today. My first ever Charcoal drawing portrait of myself.
I stood in front of my mirror for about four hours and did this, i'm so stoked. Hahaha.
It's not amazing. I think over time my stuff will turn out better, but i just didn't expect it to be as good as it was. I was scared. Haha.
Tell me what you think.
Two things i already know are:
One, my height on my face is a little off, not too much, but a little. not a big deal or very noticeable.
My eyes are almost perfect, but in the process of outlining them I made one look a bit different.
So yeah. Its harder to do without the shading. The outlining is harder i mean.
Tell me what you think. The background just came to me. :]

1 comment:

  1. its good, but i think you made the eyes a little too big, the lips and nose too small.
    and it kindof looks like you dont have much of a chin.

    ReplyDelete